Wednesday, May 13, 2009

4chan update...


A flyer for the Melbourne chapter of Anonymous. Certainly brightened my night.

So I get home after a rather successful rough cut (well done guys!) and decided to check check on my 4chan posts. Not only was there the "Japanese Eye" post, but I also posted up the om nom nom nom vomit picture.

But what did I see after scrolling through fifteen pages of stupidity and crudeness? Nothing. Nothing at all. Neither were anywhere to to be seen. And believe me, I looked. More than usual, I'm a little grossed out. Honestly, I think since /b/'s gone back online, the /b/rothers have felt the need to make up for a week's worth of internet sex-talk. I'm not kidding.

Anyway.
Like Selwyn documented in the last post, most of the comments that we got for the Japanese eye were exclamations about the seemingly sexual nature of the photo. Which was entirely expected - it was pretty much the reason I chose it as the content for our first try at 4chan. I was a little worried at first, because after fifteen minutes the only responses we had received were "cool story bro" comments. Basically, chan-speak for "crap story. you suck", that they don't think the post was even worth submitting. BUT I guess it wasn't as much of a fail as I thought it would be, as is shown by the two screenshots Selwyn took.

Unfortunately there's nor real way of knowing what was posted after that because it seems to have disappeared - that was to be expected though, what with the board back up there was bound to be a ridiculous amount of posts to make up for the lost week.

What's even more frustrating though, is the fact that we'll never know what kind of response (if any) that the om nom nom nom picture received.

I guess that's a learning curve.

Next time, take more screenshots, just sit online waiting for responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment