Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Memes update


So far, I am not entirely confident with what I have researched and ideas which I have developed. The internet culture itself and the formation of memes is something I can understand, but to actually come up with an image or viral video that could potentially develop into a successful meme is a different thing. Before I this semester and before I was taught about the study of internet memes, I had no idea such a concept existed and the process of formation was always overlooked.
Within our group, my role is to compose the ‘content’ of the project and I constantly aim to contribute to the group as much as I can. But although I have tried to gain a lot of information and conducted a fair bit of research, I keep stumbling across the same conclusion which I cannot seem to elaborate on, that memes need to propagate and needs a collective response.
I came across a funny image that a friend of mine sent via email, consisting of a very obese lady with a tiny puppy stuck in the middle of her huge bottom, facing a poster on a wall saying “lost puppy”. It was funny and cute, but would this fit in the criteria of an internet meme?

No comments:

Post a Comment